Skip to main content

How to Get Hired and Paid More

I have been exposed to the job market for, dare I say it,   F-I-F-T-E-E-N years.   
As a result, I am at the point in my life where I want to apply what I have learned and help others, like you! 



I am a qualified Personal Performance & Corporate and Executive Career Coach and can help you with developing the confidence and direction in life that you need.  




GUIDELINES
There are a few guidelines I always recommend, regardless of the role you are in now or wish to aspire to.     To  get hired or promoted, you have to be sure your do a few things :

1.  FIND the RIGHT BALANCE of your  professional   skills along  with the right soft skills.   Knowing how to talk to people at all levels will take you far!  Go to professional groups, networking events within your industry or area to brush up on your communication and social skills. 

2. KNOW WHEN TO GET A SECOND OPINION.  When you have a doubt know that other have been in your shoes. Asking a trusted colleague is always a good first step to get validation  or caution about the step or action you are about to take.   A career coach is good resource for this, as well! 

3. Do YOUR   RESEARCH.   Browse job  ads using your keywords  or job specialties  to see what role you would best fit into.   Glassdoor.com is also a good resource for industry information and  feedback on positions a different companies.   (What would we do without the  Internet?!)

KNOW YOUR COMFORT ZONE
You have to know where your comfort level is so that you can step OUTSIDE of it. That is the only way to grow.    Successful people have  been doing this for centuries.  
Use a Professional Career Coach to  revisit situations and find ways to learn how to grow.

MEASURE YOUR PERFORMANCE 
High performance is what we all really strive for, know it or not.   Whether in your day job or  in your relationship with those you are close to, we all aim to be good at what we do on a daily  basis   so that we can feel good  about ourselves and continue to be liked.  

They key to your success, personal or professional, is to measure your performance.  Take time to analyze how you measure up. 

USE A PROFESSIONAL CAREER COACH 
A Personal Evaluation, resume refresh, and counseling   to make sure you are heading in the right direction will help you with developing the confidence and attitude that will make it easier for you to get any job you want.

Doing these few simple things will ensure you accept what is waiting for you -  the next step in your life .  Act now!

Visit NewResume=NewYou.yolasite.com
email newresumenewyou@gmail.com, or 
call (609) 341-8525 for a free consultation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHALLENGE YOURSELF!

By Alicia Pozsony, Editor in Chief, Mercer County PSG Monthly Newsletter I recently picked up a printout of The Seven Phases of Job Loss, which I found in the PSG room. I recall liking that chart ever since I first entered the room and thought about becoming a member. When I first saw the chart, I thought I’d experience all of the phases once and eventually get hired. I never imagined I’d be out of work as long as I have been. As some of you may know, I’m still unemployed. I seem to be taking a different course from the one I originally planned--five years married and 20 years as a professional; it shouldn't be too hard to take the usual A-to-B route of landing a job. And for someone who’s been a professional for 20 years, it wasn’t easy to change my course of action. Maybe this is something you can relate to. Shock. Denial. Anger. Depression. Acceptance. Explore options. Develop plans. I never thought I’d be going through these phases multiple times during my unemployment period.

Align with your Peers and Collaborate!

By Alicia Pozsony If you want to know if the economy is picking up for 2010, turn on any news channel. If you want to know recent labor statistics, go to http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm. On the other hand, if you don’t want to read the numbers, because you are one of the unemployed, then perhaps think for a moment of all those of us still hanging in there trying to find a position, wait it out, or even deciding to move on. A friend recently told me of her weighing the options she had, and she was right in finally deciding to get out and try all over again in a different place. It’s not always as simple of just a choice for those of us, with family and friends nearby, kids in school, lack of money to get out, stuck in a mortgage (or two or three) that we can’t pay off. So what then? I’ve written in past months about the importance of updating your resume, focusing your time and energy on staying motivated, not giving up, and considering your back-up careers and back u

This month, Don’t hold back!

By Alicia Pozsony If you followed my January advice, by now you should be feeling fresh, alert and on track. You should have made yourself once again acquainted with more people through your holiday greetings, feeling good about your timetable and goals and feeling stronger than ever in the self-worth department. If so, good for you! If not, it’s not the end of the world. No time like the present. This month, I challenge you to stand up and speak up! Start talking on Blogs popular within your profession; start your own blog if you have not yet done it. Use Twitter actively to make the most of your connections online. Go the extra mile to assert yourself. Start conversations on Linkedin. Start conversations in the office supply store. Comment people positively at happy hour. Exchange business cards. Get out there! Your efforts must be as far reaching as possible so Don’t hold back! When I am on a path with an ending in mind, I start with zero, so I can accurately measure my stand